This job is currently FILLED
Job Title: Community Outreach Associate
Number of Positions 1
Hourly Wage Rate TBD
Number of Hours per Week 30.00
Number of Weeks Permanent
Anticipated Start Date Varies
Anticipated End Date Permanent
Epilepsy Durham Region
Epilepsy Durham Region promotes independence and quality of life for individuals living with epilepsy in the Durham Region. We deliver education, support and social programs for people with epilepsy from youth to seniors, and for their family caregivers. Our goal is to create a barrier free community in which epilepsy is widely understood, and where persons affected by epilepsy and seizure disorders are empowered to live a life of support, dignity, and self-worth.
We are seeking team members who can contribute to providing services virtually to our clients and the community. Skills sets in technology are important to the success of this position, as is the ability to work independently in a remote workforce.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Event Co-ordinator is responsible for:
• Implement, deliver and evaluate classroom presentations, teacher in-services and community partner presentations
• Investigate best practices and educational / promotional materials for epilepsy education and maintain current records of such
• Provide linkages to community resources and services
• Prepare statistical reports for all project administration
• Assume lead role on fund raising signature events
Job Specific Skills
• Post-secondary education and/or a diploma in Sciences / Media Relations or equivalent
• Health promotion or education experience in an agency setting
• Strong project management, organizational, time management and event planning skills
• Superior communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal skills, Meticulous attention to detail,
• High level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
• Demonstrates above average problem solving abilities
• Works well as part of a team and is also able to set individual priorities and works effectively with volunteers
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in website management and the use of social media
• Thorough working knowledge of: Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
• Experience in a not-for-profit organization is preferred
• Flexible with the ability to work evenings or weekends on some occasions
• Valid Ontario Driver’s license and vehicle available to travel throughout Durham Region.
What skills are required for this position?
Client Service - Client Service refers to the ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients. At work, client service skills are required to interact with clients on behalf of the employer.
Teamwork - Teamwork refers to the skills needed to interact with other people. At work, people work with others in pairs and in small and large groups to coordinate tasks, share resources, plan, make decisions, negotiate, solve conflicts and complete other activities that involve teamwork.
Communication - Communication refers to the skills needed to exchange thoughts and information with other people. This exchange can happen orally by speaking, listening and using non-verbal cues, such as body language or in writing. At work, people use communication skills to talk to customers, discuss products with suppliers, explain work procedures to co-workers, participate in virtual sales meetings with clients, and other activities that involve verbal or written exchanges.
Digital Skills - Digital technology refers to the skills needed to understand and use digital systems, tools and applications, and to process digital information. At work, people use digital technology skills to input, access, analyze, organize, create and communicate information and ideas using computers, software, point-of-sale equipment, email, podcasts, web applications, smart phones and other digital devices.
Leadership - Leadership refers to a number of skills, including communication, relationship building, and the ability to delegate and traits such as honesty. At work, leadership skills are required when working in a team, demonstrating initiative, and taking responsibility for the completion of tasks that require multiple employees.
How to Apply
Executive Director | Epilepsy Durham Region