Staying Healthy During the HolidaysRemaining stress free during the holiday season is easier said then done. This is particularly true when you or your loved one lives with the challenges of seizures. Here are 5 great tips to help reduce stressful situations during the holidays.
1. Be Realistic - Your cookies may be misshapen, the gifts unwrapped, or the turkey overcooked, but it's the thought that counts.
2. Ask for Help - Don't be embarrased; share tasks with family and friends.
3. Keep and regular sleep, meal, and exercise schedule
4. Set and budget and stick with it - Be grateful for the fact that you have as much as you do.
5. Take time out for yourself - Do what relaxes you. It's important to focus on the traditions that make the holidays special for you. Be thankful for the family and friends that you have, the opportunities you've been give, and the future you can look forward to.
Adapted from BC Epilepsy Society E-Newsletter