Our volunteers have been making a difference in the lives of those living with epilepsy or a seizure disorder through their generous contributions of time, skill and commitment. However there are still thousands of us still at risk. There is still so much to do and there are so many ways to help. Epilepsy Durham Region relies on volunteers with a wide variety of skills. Put your expertise to work through one of our many volunteer opportunities.
Support the Practical, Emotional and Information Needs of those Touched by Epilepsy.
Community Program Volunteers
- Volunteers provide emotional support to those living with epilepsy and their families through peer support
- Connect people with epilepsy to services they require
Community Fund Raising Volunteers
- Raise funds to support epilepsy programs in your community
- Special Events Volunteers
Community Outreach Volunteers
Help spread Epilepsy Durham Region's messages and build the Association's profile in your community
- Promotion and media relations Volunteers
- Distribute information and promote healthy living with presentations and displays in the community and advocacy
Office Support Volunteers
- Clerical support
- Data entry
- Reception volunteers
Provide organization and leadership skills on community councils, Special Education Advisory Committee, Abilities Expos, Education Centres and help Epilepsy Durham Region achieve its goals and objectives in your community
How to Apply:
If you are interest in volunteering with Epilepsy Durham Region, please complete the Volunteer Application Form and forward to our office.
Cassidy Sankey, Epilepsy Durham Region Youth Ambassador and Miss Teen Durham, Katelyn Scheffee
2010 Annual Charity Golf Tournament Volunteer Team